Friday, September 4, 2009

Chase

We found out Wednesday that the tumor Chase has developed in the gum of his lower jaw is cancer. Its grown quickly and the vet recommended not doing surgery. I am looking for information on treatments, etc. He still feels good, although the tumor is big enough to make chewing more difficult. Everything else looks great, his ACL had healed very well, and he has just a little arthritis in his hips, still has good range of motion in them.
His heart and lungs are strong. Its devastating news and not having access to information really stinks right now.

1 comment:

ell said...

I cried after you told me on the phone! Chase is such a good dog. I so feel for the kids In this situation, but I swear it gets harder as I get older, so I maybe feel more for you and Alan at the moment--having just gone through this with Sparticus.
There is too much confusing information out there don't fret over not having access to it. there is always some new expensive med. There is chiropractics which is not as expensive and some say it really helps--but for the jaw? I don't know! There are herbalists you can try.