Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Playing with Light

I've been experimenting with the light therapy, my scanner is on its way back after having the battery replaced, so I've been using some acupuncture/meridian charts to find points to treat.

Angel, 10 yo gray Arab mare, was really touchy about her hind legs, not letting me touch them. I couldn't see any swelling or lameness, so treated by holding the lights near her flank, stifle and hocks. After 48 hours, I tried touching her legs and she let me. Now I can tell the problem is near her stifle, so I treated that again. She was running around yesterday, chasing Maya and hopping around, so I think she feels better. I've narrowed the reactive area down to the muscles above the stifle, and will treat them again today.

River, 14 yo chestnut roan QHxTB mare, has started coughing again. I had to feed the hay from the shed, she's more sensitive to that hay, so I'm hosing it down. One bale looked and smelled fine to me, but she still coughed. I used the lights on her lung meridian last night and she had some definate reactions, lots of head shaking and rubbing. It would be great if her allergy to dust would be helped by this. Its tough in the winter to find hay that doesn't bother her. She only coughed a couple of times this morning, but I did get the hay I fed her last night wet down, so that may be why.

I also treated me! Friday night I started feeling AWFUL! I'd subbed at school 2 days and everyone was sick it seemed. At supper Friday night, my husband asked if I felt okay, because I looked sick. My throat was sore, eyes were red and irritated, I had constant nasal drip so my nose was getting raw, I was sneezing and I had a headache. I thought I was going to be sick as a dog the next day. I used the red light on my sinuses, nose, forehead and back of neck. I took a Tylenol for the headache, but no other meds. I slept quite well, and the next morning was surprised at how good I felt. I still had stuffy nose, so used nasal spray, but my throat was better and headache was gone. My eyes were fine too. I've used the red light every day, but no meds and have felt better each day. Sunday I took the girls to the movies and yesterday was back to mostly normal. I'm impressed because I was sure I would be soooo sick. My son, DJ, told me he felt awful last night, same symptoms. I had him use the light, so will be curious to see how he feels this morning.

No comments: