Friday, March 7, 2008



New Hay

Well here is the report on the new hay! I paid the same price for the new bale as I did the old one. Most of the bales seem fine, although I did have a bale that triggered River's coughing. The new hay is looser packed than the original hay and baled in smaller bales. They weigh about half as much as the other bales. Now I own a whole trailer full of those "cute little bales of hay" that I first saw at the Vermont 100 Endurance Race last summer. I had seen some bales of hay in the back of the trailer of the people we were crewing for and said to L, "Look at those cute little bales of hay, I wonder where they get those." L looked at me and asked what I meant, I told her they were half the size of my bales. She just glared at me and said they were the size bales she got too, then growled "Don't even tell me how much you pay for your hay!" This hay will get me to warmer weather when I can soak the rest of my hay, but I will be going back to my hay guy. Its worth the hour round trip!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate being disappointed by Hay! I've been so lucky this year--it's still really nice and my bales are bigger than I'm used to--and delivered fro the same price I was paying last year to pick up myself 4.00. I'm not going to be jealous this year--I'm too content. How did you happen to change dealers?

Pam said...

I have some hay in the shed that I have to soak, so was just trying to get through to warmer weather. This place was close and I heard good things about it. Its ok, but some bales still make River cough and I will be going back to my original guy!