Saturday, March 1, 2008



Dream Weaver


For the past couple of months, I have had vivid dreams of being pregnant or having a baby. Or should I say, nightmares! Not only that, I have had actual feelings of having a baby kick while awake, enough so that I was going to make a doctor's appointment to check it out. I KNOW I'm not pregnant and have no idea how I can have these physical symptoms. They aren't spasms or gas. I finally started asking a few people if that had ever happened to them and after the looks I got, decided to stop doing that, LOL!

The first dream I remember having was telling Alan I was pregnant. My belly was big and you could see the baby moving. He didn't believe me and kept asking me if I was sure and I told him yes, I could FEEL it. The second one, I had twin boys and remember saying I thought six kids was enough. I realized in the dream that I had forgotten to feed them and felt really bad about that, but then said, "Well, I really didn't want them anyway". The third one, I let someone else carry my baby and they dropped it on the rocks! I was horrified and vowed to carry it myself from then on. I wake up thinking thank God that it was only a dream.

The physical thing started right after the last dream of someone dropping my baby. The baby is usually a boy.

I looked up the symbolism of being pregnant or a birth in dreams and they said it usually symbolizes a new project or life change that you are giving birth too. The only thing I can think of is moving to the land in Pittston and how I've been trying to hang onto our present house while planning what to do down there. I think I need to let go of this old place I'm at and embrace the new adventure. What I feel is that this is the home my boys grew up in, they talk about buying the house, how this is home, etc. I even asked Alan where the boys would come home to this summer if we move! As if they couldn't find us. I finally had a dream the other night that Ryan & Will came home at the same time and the setting wasn't this house, but everything was fine and we had a great visit. At this point, I'm willing to do anything, even move, to get these freaky dreams to stop!

No comments: