Tuesday, March 4, 2008


Back on Track with Back on Track!


Well, I've finally decided that I'm going back to my original idea of living above the barn! We've explored other options, yurts, round Deltec homes, cordwood houses, and regular square houses. I've learned so much about the different building techniques, and plan to use some of them for out-buildings, but finishing the space above the barn feels like the right choice for now at least. Alan and I immediately fell in love with the same barn when looking and he's happy to know what direction to head in now! Truth be told, he would move down there tomorrow and live in a tent, just to be there. The only other place I've seen him so excited to be is Grand Manan Island, you can see him relax and see the joy in his face as soon as he steps foot on the Island, the land on Hemlock Lane has the same effect on him. It already feels like home to him.


I've been worried about moving the girls, then learned that Macy's best friend's parents are getting divorced and she is moving next week, to another town and school. At least we will move together. I'm so very sorry about that family, but it makes the decision to move easier for me somehow.


Its such a nice day already, I'm getting a load of hay soon from a different source, and have Aikido tonight. We had breakfast together at Tim Horton's as Alan had a doctor's appointment at 8:40 this morning after getting called in to work at 4:00 pm last night and getting home at 5:30am this morning. Will let you know how the hay works out, my friend said its the best she's ever had, so we'll see! I will have to post pictures of the sleigh ride we took at the apple orchard that sells the hay, it was so fun!

No comments: