Monday, November 10, 2008

Fancy


After the death of a good friend in a car accident, I decided to get a cat, a female so I would no longer be the only one. I went to the pound and fell in love with Fancy, a 1 yo gray and white cat who'd been returned due to bad litter box habits. She turned out to be a fabulous hunter and spent most of the time in the summer outside. As the years went by, she started using the carpets or towels to pee on in the winter. At first it was just once in a while, but it got worse. We ended up replacing almost all the carpets in the house because of her. Last year was the worst, and I was not looking forward to another winter of wondering where she was going. I told her she had better die before winter because I couldn't deal with her another year. On September 19th, she was hit and killed by a car, which was so weird because the neighbors didn't even know we had a cat as she was never near the road. It was a shock to me, and I miss the sweet girl. She was 15 years old and still very healthy. We believe she had cleared out all the the prey on this side and was busy hunting something on the other side when she died. That would have made her happy. RIP, Fancy cat.


No comments: