Friday, November 14, 2008

Grooming Revisited

Monday the 10th I put Fly in the stall to groom her and she was nippy/anxious again, though not as bad. I stepped back and just looked at her, wondering what was up. She showed me where she was itchy on her belly and I scratched it for her then proceeded to experiment with where her favorite places to be scratched were. I felt that was a productive use of our time. The I went and got the saddle and blanket and put them on the stall door. She didn't look too pleased about that, sniffed the saddle but no big reaction. I decided to start with the pad and put that on her then took her out for a walk/lesson. She did fine, wasn't bothered by the pad sliding around and me flopping it back on her. We walked up and down the driveway a couple of times and she was great about staying back and walking slowly and controlled downhill. We went and got the mail and finished for the day.


No comments: