Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Adventure Continued

My oldest son, Ryan, arrived from Maryland on Monday to visit and help us pack, work on the land, etc. Its so great to see him! He has a wonderful girlfriend who has inspired him to think about the future and where he wants his life to go. He moved to Colorado right out of high school, all by himself, and Steamboat Springs has a strong grip on his heart. But I think its losing out to love! He moved to Maryland almost a year ago to be with his girl. I love that he is just an hour plane ride away.

We had our house inspection Tuesday. Although I had written the correct time on the calendar, I've been so busy that when Alan told me it was at 10:00, I believed him instead of checking. Well, of course they showed up at 8:45 as the inspection was at 9:00! Suddenly we had the new owners, her decorator, the inspector and real estate agent outside discussing what they were going to do to my house. Strange. I had to hustle the kids and the dog into the truck and find a way to amuse us all for 4 hours!

We're waiting to hear the results of the inspection, so far we just know the septic needs to be pumped and the baffle replaced, not too big of a deal. The buyers wanted to walk the property lines, so I asked if they could come back when Alan was home as he knows exactly where they are. They agreed. I found her (J's) overshirt, her house to do list and fencing person's business card that she left behind. So they arranged to come today and walk the line and take more measurements. I wasn't able to get a feel for her yesterday, but we talked a bit today and I really liked her! She's so excited, she just got her first horse a month ago, at the age of 50. Its a dream come true, one long waited for. They just love the property, they've been looking for 1 1/2 years! They appreciate all the work we've put in and any doubts of selling have been laid to rest. The place will be well loved.



No comments: