Saturday, June 13, 2009

From Chicken Poop Stoop to Back on Track

We sold our house, in 24 hours! Last week I decided to stop finding excuses not to put the house on the market and turn it over to Alan. He called the agent we've used before and met with her Friday, June 5th. She knew she was going to be listing it, so at the sales meeting of her agency, she described the property and asked if anyone was looking for something like that. A fellow agent had clients that were looking for a place for a horse and had looked at "everything under the sun" but none was quite right. So they arranged for the house to be shown on Saturday, June 6th.

One June 6th the girls and I were going to Boston with the Girl Scouts to stay at the Boston Museum of Science overnight, 17 girls in our troop and 580 total! On cement floors. With two sisters that DO NOT listen and create drama where ever they go, and no, I'm not talking about my girls! (Although they can create drama at home, they are well behaved in public!) We took a bus down and back do had to take the subway to the museum and back, 17 girls with sleeping bags and pillows and 4 chaperones.

So on top of trying to prepare for the trip, I suddenly had to get the house in showing shape! We busted our butts, but did a pretty decent job of getting it presentable. As I took a last walk through with my daughter, we were talking and it echoed. I said, "Listen Macy, it sounds like we're already gone!" and I got a funny feeling.

So fast forward to Sunday evening, arriving at the bus station with very little sleep and another subway adventure under our belts. My husband kept it in half way home, then said "There's some paperwork you need to look at when we get home." "What?" With a huge grin he told me we got an offer on the house! I wanted to smack him and wipe that grin off his face! We hadn't even gotten all the paperwork done yet and I had to consider moving already? I suddenly didn't know if I wanted to move! What had I gotten myself into? And why wouldn't he stop grinning?!

After a bit of a night's sleep and some time to think, I started getting a bit excited! So much to do though. We had thought about what we wanted to do on the property, but never really settled on anything and didn't have any plan in place yet. It all seemed so far in the future, we'd had the land 2 1/2 years and I really thought we'd be here at least a year longer. I had gone riding on the trails behind the property a couple of weeks ago and written to my friend that we were idiots for not being on the land already, the house sold a week later!

Now we are scrambling to come up with a plan, but in an excited, happy way, not in a OMG, panicked way (at least not most of the time!) And some really neat things have fallen into place already!

No comments: