Friday, July 24, 2009

Countdown-Last Week

Somehow Alan managed to pick the week before moving as a vacation week back in January! He didn't have to go back to work until the Tuesday after we moved. Usually his vacations are very rainy, most of the guys at the mill check to see what weeks he takes, just so they can avoid taking the same weeks! We lucked out this time though.



We have the camper on the lot, a nice man at a local camper dealer stopped by and picked Alan up at 6:00 am and they were back with the camper by 10:30. Alan called and told me when they were getting close so I could take down the cable and be there. By the time I got the girls in the car, 20 minutes had gone by. I decided to take my little short cut that never works out for Alan! When I pulled back onto the main route halfway there, I looked in the rearview and see the truck and camper coming up behind me! I ended up beating them through a light and another car got between us, so I did make it to the land before them, and they hadn't even noticed we were in front of them. It was weird how that worked out.



So the camper got positioned and set up. When we want to move it to hook it to the sewer and water line, he will come back and do that for us too. Alan really enjoyed talking to the driver and he was very helpful.



We also had the storage trailer delivered. I wasn't there for that, but Alan ended up pulling the semi out of the mud and we had to put it a different spot than we had picked. It will work out fine though, gotta love our truck!



So next we move the run-in sheds. Its starting to feel like things are coming together!

No comments: