Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Everybody Loves . . . Angel







I don't know what it is about Noon Angel, (that's not even her real identity!) but everyone falls in love with that horse. Even people that don't LIKE horses!

At Pony Club this week, she behaved like a perfect Angel, many people asked where we got her, etc. Macy had a sore tush from falling off a trampoline the day before, so Amber ended up riding Angel for most of the games. There was no sign of the hissy fits, squeals, kicking out, biting at toes and nasty faces we've seen at home before. She looked like she was actually enjoying herself and had no problem trotting. I think I was on the right track in thinking this is a horse that needs to be ridden, not just sat on and rode in circles. She needs a reason to do something, that may be why she has never been a problem on a trail ride.

After the lesson, I asked the instructor if she thought the horses would be okay to bring for lessons and events. She pointed at Angel and said, "I LOVE that one, she is so laid back, and wasn't bothered by the other horses at all. Her attitude is "whatever, no problem". Her assessment of Maya was a little less enthusiastic, but I think she'll do fine with some practise at home. I was actually quite surprised because I thought Maya did great, even though she was a little wary of the flags they used for a game and liked to go. It was a race afterall!

So Angel has collected yet another fan!

No comments: