Saturday, June 14, 2008

Gee, I wonder why she limps!



These are Fly Away's front feet. The first is the left front, the leg that was injured. There is just a small scar on the front of her pastern. When watching her walk, it looks like a person walking in a high heel and a sneaker. I'm hoping that getting her feet straightened out will get her most of the way to sound. Using the red lights therapy should help her muscles to relax and get used to the new way of moving. She was just days away from being put down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very odd looking. Have you started making changes yet?

I still haven't figured out way you call her fugly. I think she right perty.

Pam said...

We have taken the heel down on the left as much as we dared, and have shortened the toe and evened up the heels on the right. Don't you think just having feet like this would make her walk funny?

She is growing on me, I thought she was so awkward and gangly when I first met her, but she's already starting to muscle up a bit and the therapy makes her muscles softer, so she's looking better to me. I think she's pretty good conformation wise, but I fell for the pretty face again, LOL!

Anonymous said...

I just watched the barefoot trimming video you lent me. Have you made the diagrams on her hooves yet? I'm going to trim Lucy myself. Where did you buy the tools?